About Me

My photo
{"cs student","java developer","software engineer"}

Thursday, March 11, 2010

course 1 : lesson 0 : javaEE and netbeans platform - hard topic step by step

This post starts the series of tutorials I'll be writing about wiring server application on Java EE 6 with a client built on netbeans platform.

Topic is somehow not easy - and frequently asked about on nb_dev mailing list.

Course will be provided in few tutorials -from 0 to calendar application.
I'll start with creating the necessary projects, and setting up glassfish application server - which would be somehow basic post and most people interested in the topic will skip it - but many will need it and if I would omit it - questions will pop-out.

Then I'll discuss basic structure of the calendar server - from JPA entities, to EJB-s and restful facade built on jersey - I won't use classic remote ejb-s - not for the flaw in their idea or the coolness of restful webservices - but for the sole fact, that they are best working sollution as for now - and by design can't be broken easily from software version to version - which happens to remote ejb-s unfortunatelly.

After this - the netbeans application will be covered - first - the options panel and rest client - made "by hand" with jersey client library - one reason is - atomatic creation of those kind of client are not present in 6.8 netbeans - second one is for the reader to understand how the client works - which he will need with generated code when need of change will arise - and it arise always.

Having this basic structure - next tutorials will cover extending it's features - authentication, exception over rest, nodes, reusing actions, maybe some visual library magic ;].

ps:// if someone is interested in helping - I at least will need icons and splash screen - and making them will take me much time which I accidently don't have enough to do all the things I want - Icons are not in that list ;]

No comments:

Post a Comment